Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't sleep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Jul 2, 2002.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Can\'t sleep

Well I'm here again...it's almost 2 am and I can't friggin sleep. I have to be up at 4:45 am too. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Ever have one of those nights? I can't seem to turn my brain off and sleep...the longer I lay there the more I think about how I should be sleeping. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

I'm just coming off of two weeks of afternoon shift and I'm starting dayshift for a while tomorrow. This shift rotation just messes up the body clock too much!

Rene

2. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

Re: Can\'t sleep

try a new shift every week man... it really starts gettin to you after a few months..... between day shift,night shift,and hoot owl.....

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

*smacks rene in the head with a header*

Nighty night! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I once had a job that had working hours of 11:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. for 5 days a week.

Working these hours really threw my functions off. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I could never sleep during the day and never eat during regular meal times.

At one time during a week, I was awake for 54 hours straight. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I had lost about 25 lbs. due to a non-balanced diet as I was never hungry and when I was, I was eating from the vending machines at work. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Once I left that job and started working regular hours during the day time again, my weight came back and I could sleep and eat much better again.

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Hang in there, fellow insomniac. I do the same thing, and last night was a bad one. I end up taking Valerian Root or some antihistamine. Beer doesn't work for me. I have MS so have a prescription sleep aid, but I feel like crap the whole next day if I take it. Valerian Root is nice, not so much like that. It's an herb thing.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I can't sleep any night , my wife snores like a freight train and I'm a light sleeper so I mostly just stare at the ceiling all night.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Don't guys get sleepy after sex? Maybe you need to wake the wife for a little, you know, "to help you sleep". Tell her she needs to help you with your problem, every night! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. thatK30guy

Hey! I slept fine and great last night, if you know what I mean! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. tRustyK5

First time all year huh Wes?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Rene

10. tRustyK5

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Valerian Root is nice

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look into it...thanks!

Rene

11. tRustyK5

All my shifts are 10 hours. Dayshift is 6am to 4:30 pm. Nightshift is 4:30 pm to 2:30 am.

My schedule looks like this:
    For 2 weeks I work Mon and tues nights, off Wed and Thurs, then work Fri and Sat nights. Then the next two weeks I work Mon and Tues dayshift, then wed and thurs night shift. My last rotation is 2 weeks of dayshift...Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat. off Sun, Mon, and Tues.
    I never know what day it is...and just as i begin to get used to a particular rotation it changes.

Wes, I worked 11pm to 7 am for a couple months over Christmas. It wasn't too bad. It did take quite a while to develop a sleep/eating schedule that worked though.

Rene

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I never can sleep.... then someone told me to get ear plugs... I wear them when I lay down and I am out.... I can't hear jack and lemme tell you the only thing that wakes me up in the morning is my alarm clock blasting me up!

13. tRustyK5

I wear ear plugs 10 hours a day at work...wearing them at home would get painful quickly. After 10 hours my ears hurt...

It was dead quiet here last night, my brain just would not 'shut off'.

BTW...I know you're up at all sorts of odd hours. You're on my Yahoo 'friends' list so everytime you log on to the internet it tells me "ChevyCaGal" is online. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

An actual loud alarm clock??? Where'd ya get it, and how much? My cheapo bedside phone is louder than the last 7 or 8 alarm clocks I've bought - and you damned near need a Miracle Ear to hear it /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Could be though that I've just gotten used to the blood-curdling noise of the station alarms at all hours /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

I forget and leave my Yahoo on all the time when downloading MP3's.... I hate that because sometimes I go to bed and someone messages me and I am like GO AWAY.... LOL... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. ChevyCaGal

It's a cheapo Sony one I got like 6 years ago... the buzzer is awful turned up loud. One of those clocks you want to break in half but are so out of it you can barely manage slapping it off before you fall out of bed and stumble around a bit.... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Sony huh? Cool - time to go annoy other shoppers with alarm clock testing in the store /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. ChevyCaGal

The new clocks I have seen suck... all got cd players and all this stuff on it... I am like crap I wanna clock that wakes me up... not one that can fly the shuttle to the moon! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. thatK30guy

Nah, not quite. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I think I'm up to about 2 to 4 times a month now. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I think I'm out of my slump right now!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif (This could mean one thing...the wife may be ready for another child pretty soon!)

20. thatK30guy

I know for some people, they like working late hours like those. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

From what I had experienced, I can say I will NEVER do that again. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Losing that much weight just was not worth it. Even Jennifer still reminds me about working those hours and how skinny I had gotten down to. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

To give you an idea how much weight I lost, think about my pants...I wear a 36/36 jeans. 36 inch waist and 36 inch inseam.
    When I left that job, I was down to a 32/36 jeans. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    About a month or two after that job, I pretty much got my regular weight back on. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif