Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Can't use my joy stick...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Can\'t use my joy stick...

I just installed MS Flight Sim 98 and tried to install the stuff for my joystick... It said the drivers wouldn't work with Windows XP, so I went to the Logitech website and downloaded what it told me to download... So I was starting to install it and it said it couldn't find the joystick... it's plugged in... I've rebooted the computer, I've redownloaded... everything...

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to go buy a new joystick... although I need to get one anyway... I still don't want to... and I can't fly with the keyboard too well, but I'm quite a badass when the joystick works /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Holy crap I hate XP... "It's so much better than 98" my dad and brother are so confident in saying... Bullshit... XP is about 10000000 times WORSE than Windows 98... I sure hope I can still buy a new computer with Windows 98 already installed on it, because I don't want to have to deal with this bull crap XP any longer than I have to... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Re: Can\'t use my joy stick...

sorry but that sounds like a personal problem /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Here's what I was told by a microsoft employee about XP.... Never ever "UPGRADE" to XP. If you do you will have nothing but problems. The only way to go to XP is to reformat the hard drive and do a fresh install. But never ever just "upgrade" to it.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Thats why i use MS 2000 Server, nice stable program,NT based, i have been sooooo happy with my computer since i installed this OP. Unbelievable /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Yep, Win 2000 is good to me.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I sure hope I can still buy a new computer with Windows 98 already installed on it

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately MS is already phasing out support for windows98. Its just like NOS parts at dealerships, few and far between /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Win 2000 Pro & Office 2000 great setup! No problems with HW or SW!
    Bill

8. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I sure hope I can still buy a new computer with Windows 98 already installed on it

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately MS is already phasing out support for windows98. Its just like NOS parts at dealerships, few and far between /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that they changed that deadline till 2006.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't have any problems with XP. In fact, I lost the software for my joystick, so all I have to do is unplug it and replug it in every couple of times turning on the computer and I'm good..............

Jeez, can't wait for the first wanker to misquote me on that one.............. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah, I have a clean install of XP, that was..... 14 months ago. Very stable, I used to reinstall 98 every 3 months. I never need drivers for most things, it just says, "Hey, dipshit, I see you've plugged in a card reader, I'll make it show up as drive M:"

Back up everything you need and clean install XP /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I believe my dad did a clean install of it... well, after he tried to upgrade and royally messed up this piece of crap... You'd think he'd just buy a new computer, even a $500 one... it'd probably be better than this 7 year old thing that hardly runs most of the time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry but that sounds like a personal problem /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I already started a post about that this week.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm just buying a new one... The one I have pulls to the left anyway... So I'm selling it for $5 to a coworker if it'll work on his computer... I think I'll get one of those fancy $50 ones with force feedback and all that... or maybe a cordless one /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif