Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cant when for loosing..doh

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, May 5, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Well the parents were getting on me about wheeling the pee out of the 75 a fewe month ago, they told me and pleaded with me to get a second car. So I buy a second blazer to drive.

Now my dad is going ape over me having car /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I know it is his house but wtf, now I have 2 blazer, I love them both and dont want to sell one. Storage would be real crazy as well, not to menton the 75 is too tall. I currently have been leaving the 86 out front "looks nice" and drive the 75 "looks ???"

Just cant win, he is getting reall controing latly with my younger sister and I, makes me think he has problems or o\is going through some things?

I dunno, he wanted me to move back home, now I am more updet than before /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That sucks man, hopefully you can keep both blazers. Hope everything works out for you

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My offer still stands, put the 75 in my backyard when not wheeling if you want, until you find a place to move to. Parents are weird sometimes, but what can you do when its their home. You are young and resourceful, rent a place and save for a house. Do you think your dad is just getting tired of fighting the HOA? If you can't leave right now, do some things for him. Clean garage (and paint floor, I saw it, its dirty), maybe clean the driveway. Things work themselves out like that sometimes. I know now that I am older, my father and I have the best relationship weve ever had. I thought your Dad was pretty cool (most people from Michigan are!!). You guys WILL be FINE. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. supersize75k5

I know things will work out, it just is thge same it used to be, I moved out when I was 18, then 4 months ago he literally begged me to move back since I was in school. He wanted to make shure I stayed in school.

I guess I am just aggrivated that he pleaded with me to get a second vehicle, now that I have one it is a problem. The I find out he is buying another suv... I guess thats why it is all of a sudden a problem.

His house..bottom line, I clean the garage and drive way real good about once a week too, he just seems irratable, it will pass..I hope.

Also thanks for the offer but if I parked it at your home it would be a little far for me since I like to drive it alot /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

since it appears you're going to school, I think you misunderstood their idea of a second car. Looks like they may have been trying to steer you towards the typical kid in school commuter vehicle (ie: toyota corolla, Nissan, Ford Focus....insert economical commuter vehicle here).

Looks like you skipped a gear and got another truck, in effect defeating their purpose for you getting a second vehicle. And yes, I've been there, done that, got the parental lecture about practicality yada yada yada...

Now I just look forward to giving it to my kid when he grows up. (Thank god I have another 12 years before he starts driving...)

6. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    since it appears you're going to school, I think you misunderstood their idea of a second car. Looks like they may have been trying to steer you towards the typical kid in school commuter vehicle (ie: toyota corolla, Nissan, Ford Focus....insert economical commuter vehicle here).

Looks like you skipped a gear and got another truck, in effect defeating their purpose for you getting a second vehicle. And yes, I've been there, done that, got the parental lecture about practicality yada yada yada...

Now I just look forward to giving it to my kid when he grows up. (Thank god I have another 12 years before he starts driving...)

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo!

My issue is if my 86 has a problem I know how to fix it, or at least give her hell trying, parts are cheap and other than a couple of blown motors these trucks have never left me stranded. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

A honda....well lets just say I would be screwed, even my moms 99 suburban and my dads 97 dodge are very well maintained and have been towed so much I cant remember /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

so I stuck with what I love and what I know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif