Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Cap kit" for '77 to '91 K5s?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1big78k5, Apr 1, 2001.

1. 1big78k5

1big78k5 Registered Member

\"Cap kit\" for \'77 to \'91 K5s?

Hi, I am wondering if any one knows about or has seen a kit to removed the roof on the '77 to '91 Blazers to make them a full "topless" ride?

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Cap kit\" for \'77 to \'91 K5s?

Never heard of a kit. I don't see how anyone could really devise a "kit" for a job like that. Pretty much just a custom deal with lots of time and work involved. Its actually '76-'91. And if you don't care about having a top anymore: sawzall to the rescue...maybe for come of the Cali guys.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hey now. I'm from CA and I wouldn't do that. It does rain here once in a while. I'm thinking of putting a large sunroof in. LoL

Become one with nature...........Then marinate it...

4. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

we found a wrecked 74 in the paper cheap and cut the front winshield frame off the 74 and welded the winshield frame to his 86. Use the old topper and you done.

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!!
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

5. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I've actually done some research on this project. I was thinking of making a fiberglass halftop that would replace the steel cab and door frame tops to simulate a full convertible. I was quoted from a fiberglass manufacturer that the one time mold fee would be $5k and each production unit would be about $2500. If the per unit fee wasn't so much then I would have gone for it and started my own little side business. But the actual price would be a bit higher than $2.5k with shipping costs and the weatherstripping which would be about another 2-300. It's an open market for someone who has good fiberglassing skills and the time.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rampage on 04/02/01 11:51 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

First off, fill in you profile...

As for the cap kit, I think I remember reading somewhere that LMC offered this kit. I htink Moneypit used it...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

" Ah.. Hong Kong, home of shiny green suit!"

7. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

Re: "Cap kit" for \'77 to \'91 K5s?

there is only caps for the doors, available through lmc truck. the windshield header and b-pillars are bodywork.(little metal, little bondo)
    i did this to my k5...
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://coloradok5.com/moneypit.shtml>http://coloradok5.com/moneypit.shtml</A>
    good luck,
    MTPockets