Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cap to my night? Just dropped my PS2 controller in a bowl of salt water....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Sep 1, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah, was soaking my right foot since an ingrown toenail has done a number on it. So I was playing a game, saw a friend I haven't talked to in a while came online, turned to chat, and bam... right into the bowl of salt water... What is the worst thing you could do to an electrical device? Drop it in a bucket of salt water... that you flesh is in. Didn't shock me, wonder if it still works... Time to dry it off and try.

2. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Take it apart, quickly rinse it in non-salt water, paper towel dry it. Let it air dry. That salt will corrode everything in it. Water won't hurt it if you don't soak it.

With two kids, mine have been soaked in cereal milk, jelly, juice, soda, and probably stuff that I never wanna know about. They work fine.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hehe, Sled needs to "pickle" his PS2 controller.....:wink1:

Welcome to the life of a boat mechanic... Took an alternator off a BB yesterday, brought it in the shop, banged it on the workbench and got about 3 tablespoons of salt out of it... :doah: :haha:

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh sled thinks it was time for a new controller anyway. I bought the system used off of Ebay and the guy must have used the HELL out of the left analog stick(as I do). Its worn out and once in a while its not worked properly, and the X button sticks sometimes.

5. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

get the wireless ones.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ah, fun with ingrown toenails, Ive dealt w/ too many of them little bastards.... A swiss army knife & a pair of needle nose pliers are your friends....

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I just take a pair of nail clippers, and force them all the way until I can't anymore. clip. usually get a little flesh too but gets the job done

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

One time I put my playstation 2 memory card in my pocket after playing GTA for 3 days straight. I had unlocked pretty much everything. Put the pants in the wash not even thinking about the memory card.:doah:

BTW- The memory card still worked fine....didnt even lose my saved data.
    -Harrison