Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Captain's Chairs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, Jun 26, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Captain\'s Chairs

I rode in a custom van today, and it had some captain's chairs for the driver in it that swiveled 360 degrees. Does anyone have captain's chairs in their blazer? If so, what kind did you get? Also is it possible to custom mount the ones that swiveled all the way around? My dad has trouble getting in & out of the stock seats mainly b/c they do not tilt back, but he liked the fact that he could swivel around and slide out of the seats in the van. Thanks

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

2. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Re: Captain\'s Chairs

I went to look at a '79 that had captains chairs in it. Im not sure how far they swivelled though.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

3. B75k5

B75k5 Registered Member

I currently have front chairs and rear fold down from a small van. I went to a van conversion shop and they installed everything..... I've had them for about 8 years. The front chairs do move side to side and recline. The rear folds down into a small bed. Check out your local van/RV conversion outlets in your area. Harry, Escondido, Ca

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

How much did the seats and installion cost? Also how big of a bed does the rear seat make?

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have a set of captains chairs from a Early 90's something Mitsubishi Mini Van. Worked out great. These are the middle seats. The seat tracks were the best part! The tracks are 3 ft long! I had to cut them down in length. Getting into the back seat is a breaze now. the passenger seat can be spun backwards and slid all the way to the dash. It even has lap belts built in. My rear seats are the front seats from the same van so they all match. Keep checking my site I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey BlazerGuy,
    I have a set of Captains Chair for sale, with the rotating mechanism. They are brand new. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance.
    Boss