Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

car accident at work this morning!!! pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Dec 20, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

one of our employee's had a wreck this morning right as he was turning into our driveway, a small honda two seater was just like a wedge when it hit him and flipped his truck over. they were wearing seat belts and walked away basically unhurt. Raul got a cut on his head when he crawled out of the truck, his son that works here too got a cut on his hand. they are LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!!!. WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS!!!!!.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Dang thats crazy. Glad everyone was ok

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow. No kidding about the belts. Glad everyone is OK.

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear only minor cuts and bruises. I would've thought Toyota or Volvo of all brands would have maybe started putting some kind integrated rollcage into their vehicles by now.

Bet the Honda was left in a lot worse shape though. Any word on whether the Honda's passengers walked away?

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

incredably the honda (or toyota, someone said it was a two seater toyota) had very minor damage from what i saw. the pass side tire was flat and the rim was broke from hitting the curb. the driver fender and hood and bumper were damaged, but not mangled. put some new rims and tires and it would drive. like i said it was like a wedge, didn't take much to get the truck over. the lady driving the small car was or seemed fine other then upset.

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's an amazing amount of damage for low speed/stationary roll over! Makes you think eh?!!

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I guess that's the one type of accident that we might be at a disadvange in?

8. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

And who gets to pay for all of this...?

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

wow,glad to hear they are all right.there was a car that drove of an over pass tonight on the way home.about a 25 ft drop.:eek1: i hear it on the radio so we don't know if anyone lived. the car landed on its roof!:doah:

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Glad they all survived!..fools here drive like they are on fire with their eyes closed,and are on a cell phone 99% of the time..that wreck was pretty bad for just a light rollover..shame,the truck looks brand new!..bet the owner is pissed!..

There is an accident about every half hour near my house,at the entrance to Wal-Mart and Lowe's,which are right across from each other,and share the same intersection..traffic "engineers" here must be retards..some of the intersections in my immediate area look like kindergarten kids designed them with crayons..add a few dump trucks and 18 wheelers on skinny roads with insufficient room for manuvers,a mom in a mini-van on the cell-phone,next thing you know someone needs the jaws of life..:(

Its only a matter of time before I get hit around here..every time I leave my driveway,within minutes someone nearly runs me off the road,or cuts in front of me..
    I know better now, than to just exchange papers and go on my way if I have another car hit me..I lost a nice 69 GTO and had some damage to discs in my back years ago,by not going to the ER in an ambulance at the scene.waited until the next day,a big mistake!---also forfited the 10 grand I could have collected from the other persons insurance..instead,my Blue Cross had to pay for all my injuries and treatment..and I only got 900 bucks for the GTO,because I kept it,it was still driveable,but looked like it was in a demolition derby...:(

Seeing crashes like this does not make me want to have anything TOO nice around here..they will only wreck it..rather have a beater than a mint vehicle anymore..:mad:

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

beaters are neater anyways. i'm currently looking for a K-truck to be my new DD, i'd rather have something i can work like a truck, play rough with, and still be able to jump in it, hit the key, and go to work monday morning. never have had that with my "nice" 88+ trucks. my 82 was beat to hell, and did it all. drive it all week, work it on saturday, race it on sunday.