Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Car alarm gurus..

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 88K5Jimmy, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Can anybody here get the programming directions for the Hornet model 554T/564T? I can only get it programmed by a licensed installer and I want to be able to pick and choose which options I want to have on it....the only shop in town isn't helpful at all.

Thanks

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

are teh install instructinos online? Normally its just dip switch settings under the cover.

3. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

go on Directed Electronics website and they should have the installation manual available and owners manual. What exactly is that? Remote Start/Keyless/Security??

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

It's a remote start/alarm/with the 2way key fob...if you're close enough the key fob will alert you to somebody messing with it. However, it went off one time and ran for about three hours before I knew the alarm had been activated. I think the sensor is too sensitive, plus it should cut off after a certain amount of time...or so I would think. Also, per the owner instructions there is a certain button that you push to remote start, however after I got it programmed this button wasn't used to remote start it. Little things like that make me want to the programming instructions, so I can hopefully use certain features but turn certain features off as well.

Directed's website has owners guides for it but not an installation guide.

5. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

I will search around at work for an install manual but I doubt that I have one. But I will check and let you know.

6. cfurtick

cfurtick Registered Member

I have access to ALL the DEI manuals. Let me know exactly what you need and I can send it to you. One thing to keep in mind is that if whoever installed your system used a "bitwriter" to program it then only a bitwriter can access the programming. A bitwriter is a small computer type tool that plugs into the brain of the security system and allows you to program the features you want without having to hold the valet and wait for a specified number of light flashes.

Let me know what you need and I will help.

Chris

7. cfurtick

cfurtick Registered Member

PS

I just checked the manuals:

Tha owners manual is 1.04 MB pdf

The install manual is 1.4 MB pdf

Let me know if I can help

Chris

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status