Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Car alarms

Discussion in 'Audio' started by RingMaster4x4, Aug 18, 2006.

1. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am looking for a good car alarm for my chevelle. I know nothing about them. Just thought that I would check and see if anyone had any info to share. I plan on installing power door lock keyless entry and power window that matters.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I opted for a powerlock instead of an alarm. Once you have that, they can't start the car, which I thought was the most important part.

The next step is to protect stuff in the car (stereo, etc.) and from getting towed. So maybe any alarm that would have motion sensing would work. Don't know what brand for that tho...

3. RingMaster4x4

That is cool. I have never seen that before as an add-on. I will have to look in to that I like it better then an alarm. That people may not check on. Thanks for the link.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

DEI has a good reputation for alarms. I'd look at this one personally.

5. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

A Viper from DEI like Z3 suggested, might get paging (call cell when alarm trips), a motion sensor and a back-up battery...just in case your main vehicle battery goes dead from some asshat disconnecting it (my Camaro's hood release is on the exterior of the vehicle so I made sure there was a hoodpin trigger installed to keep would-be thieves from just disconnecting the battery, then the back-up battery is just to feed my paranoia.)

YMMV on what options to get, just talk to your installer and take their advice. May I also suggest you not install any high-end alarm yourself... Once spent an entire weekend installing a Viper in one of my vehicles and will never put myself through that again.

6. RingMaster4x4

cool will look at that alarm also. Thanks

7. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Registered Member

I have a Clifford installed in my Miata that pages the key fob when the alarm goes into warn mode or is tripped.

It works.

I have a Viper in the blazer that sucks.

The Clifford has saved the miata once for sure (they hit 17 other cars in the condo association parking lot.

Of course, me in swim trunks, on the fire escape with a AR-15 and a 40rd magazine with flashlight probably ran them out of the back lot after the alarm went off.

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

lol :haha:

-Avery