Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Car Art 907" Art? Or a Pile of Junk?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Feb 25, 2005.

?

???Is it ART or is it CRAP???

1. Don't Quit Your Day Job Chief, Whatever THAT is!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. It's CRAP, what the hell are you thinking. You wasted a picture on that?

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. I'm Naked.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Pretty cool. I can sort of see why you took the picture, but ART? I donno...

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. A True Work of ART! You should be a photographer!!!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I am a Redneck. I used to have at least a dozen or so junk cars laying around, and eventually I would get one stripped so clean that it wasn't worth having around anymore. I had a guy that would come around once a week looking for scrap metal, and if I had anything for him I would drag it around front and put it in the drive in front of the barn. That was the ONLY place he was allowed to take cars and parts from. We had a great deal going... He got all my scrap metal and I got rid of my old shells that I had no use for.

This one was pretty much used up! It was a '74 Buick LeSabre 2-door that I think someone gave to me without a motor or trans. I used it for demo derby practice and eventually just used it to pile my scrap in, and then when it was ready to go I was going to take it around front for the scrap guy. However, I got sort of attached to the thing with all the appliances and other odds and ends piled on it, I just had to take a few pictures. This picture has been a favorite of mine for years, and if I still had access to a full size color plotter, I'd blow it up real big and make a wall hanging of it to go next to the now famous "Redneck Grilling, 1992" picture that hangs in our living room.

So I need your opinions... Is this a work of art, or is it just a picture of a pile of junk? I think it captures the heart and soul of the struggling GearHead and the picture captures without a doubt the typical packrat who never gets rid of anything, as if someday he'll have a use for an old thrashed Buick, some old fence wire, and a 20 year old stove...

So what do you think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

holy crap! you wasted a LeSabre on demo derby "practice" :eek: that would've been a VERY competitive car! looks like its pretty much wasted now.

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

The frame rails were about to fall out from under it because it was so badly rusted out, so I used the Caddy I had with a solid frame under it that still had a good motor in it. The LeSabre came apart like a sardine can!!!

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Composition is way to cluttered, a bit off frame

I wouldn't call it art, ad no real love and time went into it, but if you want it on the wall, go for it

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

rusty or not, that would've been an awesome car. in solid condition, they just dont bend much. the rusty ones will cave in on themselves, but only so far, after that, its just a battering ram.

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

You get more a hundred pounds for a car than other scrap metal so you pile all you can in the car. This is what he is doing. Right?

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:bow: :bow::bow:It's so beautiful:bow::bow::bow:................oh, it's hard to see with my eyes watering. So reminds me of home. I gotta go blow my nose............dang, now my sleeve's all snotty again!!!:haha:

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Bingo! You have a scrap guy that comes by your place don't you!!!

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I don't know about a work of art but it certainly is a, umm, umm, umm, creation?:p: :haha:

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

we always take the car, post derby, and dump the trash cans in the shop in the floor, then pile the interior, glass, and everything else stripped from the car back in it, along with all the other scrap metal we can find. typically get around $100-125 for a car.