Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Car jacked with a gun to my head

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Jun 14, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

:doah: last night around 11pm I was at a car wash a mile down the road from my apartment, cleaning out my jeep and two hispanics ran up on me from behind, put a gun to my head, demanded my wallet and forced me on the ground, then fumbled with my keys to figure out which one it was and stole my jeep cherekee.

My phone, keys,all of my work equipment, my nitrogen tank for refilling equipment, about 1500 bucks work of fire ex's, seals,valves, parts ect, and a few thousand bucks worth of signed work orders I was ready to turn in, not to mention all of my tools.

I ran across the street to a bar/grill and had them call the police, about the same time I called a jep was called in for hauling but down a 25 mph down town zone, and an officer pulled behind him shortly after.

the chase lasted almost an hour and I got to hear the whole thing unfold on the patrol cars radio, they had the helicopters, the whole works. They ended up setting up spike strips and all. The chase ended up on the reservation, they ditched the truck after killing my tires and getting it stuck in the desert wash..not to mention the tree branch that was wedged between the axel and steering. :( They also found the gun in the jeep and it turned out to be stollen from someone in montana..they got prints from stuff as well.

this morning I had to smash the colum on my blazer and rip it to pieces, amazingly it took a long time, but now it starts by pushing a rod..no key needed, hell there isnt even a place for the key and tumbler to exsist now.I have very low gas and I when got to the tow yard and I have only 20 bucks in rolled quarters I could find in my apartment,

now since I had no id, proof of ownership ect, they had to have the police officer come down to release it, but then the fun began.

I had flat tires and they said I couldn't change the tire in there yard, but I could pay 30 bucks to have it changed, or 20 to have it towed to the street, then 20 bucks to get my jeep released.

Now I was mad, I told the guy I didnt ask for the jeep to be brought there, I was tired, empty of cash, mad and couldnt even call anyone or go to the bank, so I told him he could cut me a deal or he could call the cops because I was going to change it weather he liked it or not.

They decided to just tow it out to the road and call it 20 bucks total for everything, he really didnt want the cops to have to come down,
    so I get home about 4 am from the police station, they got a tape from a gas station that had two hispanics causing trouble, this afternoon I get to go do a line up. So I change the tire and the darn jeep wont start, I drag it with a friend around the corner to a toyota performance shop my friend works at, turns out it will only start in nuetral now :confused: I think the nutral safty switch or some contact arew screwed up :confused:

so long story short, I got the jeep home, then spent an hour at the mvd to get a new licence, now I am going to get some crappy used all terrains mounted up some I have the same sized tires again,

all of this drama right before I turn 21 tomarrow, now I have no fun money and no wallet ect. :mad:

but I am alive, my jeep is ok for the most part and on the plus side, all of there off road crazy driveing made my cd deck start working again...bright side to the situation???

and now I want to go take some classes and get a licenced hand gun..

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Geez Shawn that sucks, main thing is though is that you were not harmed in the ordeal.

Everything will straighten out.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That whole ordeal sucks to the core, but I'm glad you could get up and walk after it.

Hopefully you recovered all the stuff in the jeep, too.

Good luck getting it back together, and again, glad you didn't get injured.

Good luck in the Licensing process, too. :thumb:

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

And yet another reason not to own a Heep :D

JK, man that sucks though, but at least you got most of your stuff back. I bet it isnt very fun to have someone hold a gun to your head telling you what to do. Must have been nerve racking.
    Hopefully you got some palls that will understand and help you have a good 21st B-day :)

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that ****ing sucks man. Thankfully you got it back. Will insurance cover anything?

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

But glad to hear your okay....that's most important. If you need anything, holla. We're here for you.

7. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you're OK.

Definately go for the CCW permit!

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That really sucks, and good luck on getting your license. I wish my state had that.

I can't believe something happened and you didn't get any pics... lol usually you have plenty of pics :D

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Nothing says "no you can't have my Jeep at gunpoint!" Like a .45ACP. Go get your CCW dude. Sorry 'bout your Jeep. All the p***y I see in your pictures, and you're worried about having fun on your birthday? I'm sure you'll end up with some consolation booty. Stop yer whinin...

10. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

I would have had only one answer for those two sh1tbags. Before I was in my job, I had a CCW for 4 different states which were valid in something like 38 states total.

I really like my national one :D

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That sucks ass man. Glad you're OK and glad you're going for a permit, these things would happen a lot less if the chodes new that 20% of the population "may" be packing at any given time.

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I'm glad you're ok man. I think I'm going to quit going to the car wash after I get off from work now until I get my CCW.

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Need somethin' call me :grin:

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That really sucks big time, but those two dirtbags could have just as easily popped you in the back of the melon before you knew what was going on. You are still alive and virtually unharmed and that's all that really matters.

Keep your chin up, brother!!!! :thumb:

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well thats some crazy **** right there, damn...

at least youre ok and everything

maybe i dont want to possibly relocate to arizona after all

hmm...

or at least not around gilbert ?

hum,.

sorry to hear and good luck, lemme know if i can help somehow

and happy birthday even though its not gonna be :/

if it helps any i had to work 10 hours on my birthday yesterday and was a scheduled day off even,.

hmm..

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wow that is a little scarry:yikes::yikes:

dont go to that car wash again!!!

glad your ok, too bad you got the heep bacl (JK)

if they got to them right away where did your walit and stuff go?

did you lose your tool ect?

17. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I was lucky to get everything, minus the wallet and a few papers, also they must have had a bad time with some fire ex's going off inside of the jeep too :crazy:

its a mess, I just got back from getting some tires mounted also the blazer is now on the side of the road some where..it ran out of gas:(

I need to go turn in paper work tomarrow to help with the cash I lost in this ordeal.

18. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What tow yard did you have to go to to get it out?

19. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

A CCW would have done him a lot of good in that situation :surepal:

Dude, you are lucky to be alive, and you are alive because you handled it like a pro. :waytogo: I don't think you could have handled it any better.

It sucks about your lost money and property but you can always earn or buy that stuff again, you can't earn or buy your life back.

Things will work out for you. :thumb:

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That sucks majorly, but happy that you didn't get killed.