Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

car port tents...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Nov 28, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

anyone got one? ya know..like those big carport storage tent like biuldings...i think im going to get me a big one and put it in the back yard and use to keep all my stuff in and work on my truck in...are 2 car garage is packed now...i was thinking i could make some kind of a floor for it to sit on like a concrete platform floor..and put it on top...would be kinda cool..and would be a place to keep all my crap i get yelled at for lol..what do you guys think of that idea?

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

really clean that garage, if it's not a collectors item, or hasen't been touched in 5 years give it to the salvation army and get a tax write of for your folks, then give the wight off to them as an x-mas present..........then convince them that love can be measured in "Man Space" and thats what a garage should be! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

I am gonna have to agree with supersize, my garage is my garage. The tent deals are actually pretty cool. If the building code people get a wild hair then they can be a drag due to the square footage. Just make sure you anchor it to the ground, when it is windy they grow legs.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

thats the cool part...the dont bother you about codes and crap on these around here cuase they arent permenet biuldings thy are "temporary"...guy around the corner from me has a huge ford with like 44's on it..keeps it in his back yard under one cuase it dont fit in the garage lol..thats were i got the idea..and yea i would ancher it good with cinder blocks and stuff...

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They dont like the wind too much. Ours has a tear on every seem it was folded at out of the box. Its only a year old. And on a side note they dont hold up too well when hit with a car.

6. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

You should check out the Steel Buildings in the magazine, They hold up pretty good and can fit tall trucks too.
    I have one just to fit my 3 blazers and all the junk I think of.
    But thats up to you on how you want to shelter your things,
    Mine has also withstanded a hurricane, so you know how bad those winds get.
    Michael /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

2 things- if you pour a concrete slab- it may no longer be temporary.....here thats a "permanent" structure...

neighbor has one- they really don't like snow either! his came crashing down on his 69 mach 1..wasn't a good sight!

Brandy