Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

car shakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aknight_sa, Oct 18, 2006.

1. aknight_sa

aknight_sa 1/2 ton status

hi guys,

i have a problem regarding the car shaking while accelerating, it does get pretty annoying at times... one of the mechanices who saw it said the problem is from Crank shaft as it might be damaged and needs to be changed... but the thing i want to understand is after some time and drive it for a few miles the vibration gets lighter but doesnt completly dissapear...

any comments?

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had a similar problem...change the transmission/transfer case mount. Check your motor mounts also as they could be worn or damaged. I doubt the crankshaft is bad.

3. aknight_sa

i really think the problem is from the engine mounts...

btw, when i give the truck a WOT the shake is not noticed.. could this be of any help in determining the problem?

4. aknight_sa

the problem has been solved...it wasnt from the mounts of any kind nor the crankshaft..

the problem was from the flywheel, as the one that was installed didnt have that small extra weight on it which is used on flywheels for 454 engines.. anyway.. the engine is running perfectly now.. and its time to go dune busting!!