Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Car Wreck; It's a neighborhood event

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 14, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Car Wreck; It\'s a neighborhood event

I see this car wreck over by my mom's friend's house as I'm leaving to go somewhere. So I stop by (like half the people in the neighborhood crowded around) to see.

I see a new SUV totaled by a late '70s lifted Chevy shortbed which wasn't looking too straight either. The SUV was right up against our friend's fence, but no damage to their yard, cops were there, fire truck, ambulance... so I go on my way.

I get a call later, only to find out that the new Toyota SUV was my mom's friend who lived there who got hit in front of her own house by the shortbed which was speeding (about 80mph). The drunk driver of the truck and one passenger ran off on foot away from the scene, and cops were searching all around our neighborhood for them.

Dumb me didn't even stay long enough to realize it was her that got hit, cause she was still in her car in shock. I talked with her husband even, and walked in their yard, and he didn't even know it was her that got hit when I was there. Why is it always that the brand new rigs get totaled? My mom and her and others went to the hopital and she checked out ok.

I was also eyeing the shortbed for parts when I saw it... thinking, I wonder if the cops would let me tow it off if I said I was the towing company.

Then, there was the mystery car, also wrecked, 2 blocks north from the scene, that cops were around also. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Nothing like another night of action in my neighborhood. Sorry, no pics. It was dark, and by the time I got back from the valley picking up a tranny/T-case from Fordeater, everything was towed off and cleared.

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Re: Car Wreck; It\'s a neighborhood event

lol when I was reading this I was thikning you should have took the shortbed /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I saw some parts I could use... the lift, the visor, etc...

Another funny thing, if anyone asks people in the neighborhood if they saw a shortbed driving around earlier, some people could say yes. I just got my '79 shortbed running and was out peeling out with it here and there about an hour before the accident. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

This blue one that caused the wreck is one we've seen driving fast around the neighborhood before. He drove past my house the other day like he was trying to be a showoff. A friend and I just kinda looked and thought to ourselves "we're not impressed".

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I'm like my dad was. If I see someone driving too fast in a neighborhood with kids around, I will step out in the street and tell them to slowdown. If they give me any grief, I remind them that I could just call the cops with their tag number.I'm an old hot rodder, but I don't endaanger anyone but myself when I get wild.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Can you weld? Spike strips maybe?

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

"Why is it always that the brand new rigs get totaled?"

This is because the drivers of the new cars/trucks are still getting used to them. Blindspots, handling, lane changes etc are all part of a learning curve we go through when driving new cars.