Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Caralina K5'er thinking of moving to Califonia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bam bam k5, Nov 29, 2003.

1. bam bam k5

bam bam k5 1/2 ton status

Caralina K5\'er thinking of moving to Califonia

thinking of moving out there for a few reasons. one is so wife and kids can be closer to her family. i was just wanting to see if ya'll could give me some info on what its like up around placerville and areas around it. Would probably be moving sometime in the summer of 2005. any info would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Caralina K5\'er thinking of moving to Califonia

[ QUOTE ]
    thinking of moving out there for a few reasons. one is so wife and kids can be closer to her family. i was just wanting to see if ya'll could give me some info on what its like up around placerville and areas around it. Would probably be moving sometime in the summer of 2005. any info would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

California sucks scummy donkey balls, that's why everyone is leaving and if you're looking at the Placerville area, think Reno.

Placerville is nice, it's real close to a certain trail ('Con) and it's in the mountains. Highway 50 sucks though. I don't know of anyone on here from the area, outside of the peeps down in Sac, but there's a boatload from that area on PBB.

Check out jobs avaliable to you in the area, cause it costs a little bit to live out here /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Vehicle fees are high, gas is high (I paid about $.10 a gallon more for gas just above Placerville this summer, than what I do down here).

The majority of people are rudeasses out here and there's a lot of people.

The school system sucks, the government sucks and pretty much, California sucks.

Does that help? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Placerville is pretty nice. Kinda the inbetween from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe. If you want to live closer to Sac, I suggest checking out Cameron Park. If a little further doesn't bug you, then check out Pollock Pines. Be prepared for really expensive land, and houses. Nothing here is cheap actually, but those two things are the worst. Traffic sucks too. But that's thanks to the folks from the Bay Area moving here. They drove our housing costs sky high, and created a mess. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. bam bam k5

So where are you up on the mountain anyway. Thank you very much but I am from the bay area and it seems to me that the people up on the mountain are the rude ones. If you hate it so much why do you live there still? Huh? Now it is not that bad, try living in the south for awhile and see then how you like Cali. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

K5er's wife

5. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Now it is not that bad, try living in the south for awhile and see then how you like Cali. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Now wait a minute... what's wrong with the south???

Yer just living in podunk, ya need to move either north or south of Newberry /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just not Columbia... That's truely the "armpit" of the south!!

J/K /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    So where are you up on the mountain anyway. Thank you very much but I am from the bay area and it seems to me that the people up on the mountain are the rude ones. If you hate it so much why do you live there still? Huh? Now it is not that bad, try living in the south for awhile and see then how you like Cali. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

K5er's wife

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let's see, I have lived both in Georgia and California, the desert, the Gay Area and down here in the Valley where I'm at now and even though I hated Georgia, I'd take it over this cesspool.

As for leaving, I'm going to NM in a week for a job interview /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]

K5er's wife

[/ QUOTE ]

I encounter more rudeness in the Bay Area then the foothills. I think it's simply due to the amount of people in one area. Too many of them crammed in an area that's not meant for that many. Then they are mad about the fact their housing is beyond expensive, people drive like rabid squirrels, property tax is stupid high, gas is crazy, parking is worse, and then they have all those one way streets that go the other way need to be. That'd be enough to piss me off too... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

K5er's wife

[/ QUOTE ] First off the Bay area crowd is "invading" my area too.(Modesto, smack dab in the middle of the state) and our once peacefull farming community has turned into city like conditions because so many people come here from the bay building houses over prime farmland that my family has been farming since before WW1. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They move into my area, complain about everything out here like farms and dairies that have been here longer than their parents have been alive, screw up our local economy, and expect all of us to welcome them over and accomidate what they wan't us to change and do.
    Then you ask why we still live here? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Because this is where we have lived and enjoyed living up until you city people got here. Why don't you people go back to the bay, everyone that I have encountered that "just moved from the bay area" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif are rude, terrible drivers, and act like "what do you think your doing here". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif How about you people go back to the bay if your going to act like assholes and not accept and join our way of life around here.

9. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

try the san luis obispo/santa barbara counties. best place to live in california, IMO.

ARQ.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

K5er's wife

[/ QUOTE ] First off the Bay area crowd is "invading" my area too.(Modesto, smack dab in the middle of the state) and our once peacefull farming community has turned into city like conditions because so many people come here from the bay building houses over prime farmland that my family has been farming since before WW1. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They move into my area, complain about everything out here like farms and dairies that have been here longer than their parents have been alive, screw up our local economy, and expect all of us to welcome them over and accomidate what they wan't us to change and do.
    Then you ask why we still live here? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Because this is where we have lived and enjoyed living up until you city people got here. Why don't you people go back to the bay, everyone that I have encountered that "just moved from the bay area" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif are rude, terrible drivers, and act like "what do you think your doing here". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif How about you people go back to the bay if your going to act like assholes and not accept and join our way of life around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell us how you really feel /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I hate going out of state with my CA plates, always got people gunning for ya (ref: Hawthorne, Nevada) or they already have an "opinion" about CA and I'm not from CA, I'm just here trying to take the state over for my fellow Confedarate revolutionaries /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Another example of the rudeness of people here in CA.

I've spent a lot of time on the phone this year taking care of business, or finding out employment information here and there. 30 seconds into a conversation with some of the people I've had to talk to on the phone out here, I'm ready to throw my phone against a wall cause the a**hat is throwing a friggin attitude a mile wide my wide for no reason.

But when I call out of state, I regret hanging up cause I've missed the civilized people for so long.

Another reason why Cali sucks stinky monkey butt. I can drive from Bakersfield to Sacramento, that's over 300 miles and not once will I be able to see open country without any kind of building. I get back home, or where I'm going next week, and as soon as I'm out of town, within 2 minutes, I'm in open country and can go miles without seeing a whole lot of anything.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And one more reason why Cali sucks bear poop. I was looking at real estate listings the other night for where I'm interviewing at. Found a place that I really liked for $100K. Now that is a little chunk of change for the area, but it had everything us wheelers strive for. Nice house, lots of land (ranch) and the man space of all man space (big shop). Where in Cali can you find that? Nowwhere.............................

12. bam bam k5

just to set to record striaght my wife wrote the last post. she is from the bay area. i am have always live in the south. her sister lives in cameron park. we were thinking of moving out there so the kids and her could be closr to her family. with that said hope we did'nt offend anyone and is it that bad out there.

13. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

Moved from Idaho to the Bay Area in the late 80's. Was there for 7 years. Say good morning to people when your out hiking and they look at you like your an ax murderer. Take in account the high cost of living, crappy gun laws, traffic, and a lot of attitudes. No reason to go back.

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just to set to record striaght my wife wrote the last post. she is from the bay area. i am have always live in the south. her sister lives in cameron park. we were thinking of moving out there so the kids and her could be closr to her family.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the kind of BS and high cost of living you would have to deal with out there I would maybe mover closer to cali but definitely not move there. Is your job going to cover the extra living expenses? Call you insurance company and see how much your rates will go up or home owners rates. Do you want to pay over $300 a year for vehicle plates? (rumored to triple next year)

Not woth it IMO
    Maybe you should send your wife out there for a while /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you want to pay over $300 a year for vehicle plates? (rumored to triple next year)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was trippled, and Davis got the boot, and Ah-nold, had it changed back.

16. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    just to set to record striaght my wife wrote the last post. she is from the bay area. i am have always live in the south. her sister lives in cameron park. we were thinking of moving out there so the kids and her could be closr to her family. with that said hope we did'nt offend anyone and is it that bad out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take the good with the bad. You have too to live here. If not, you'd hate it. I like living here for many reasons. And many reasons I don't like it. But I try to look at the why. If I focused on the negative I'd long since left.

Cameron Park is nice. I know a few folks who live there. The best thing I like is their skatepark... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Foothills have tons of options. Lots of nice places. Just really do your homework on money. Cuz I know lots of people from out of state who came here and went into shock.

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give ya an idea how crazy it's gotten out here, specifically the Gay Area. 10 years ago, my mother had her house appraise, small tract house, built in the 50's, just under 1000 sq. ft. Value was just at $100K. She sold it about two years ago, got $225 out of it. Don't know if Shaggy will chime in, but a lot of people are moving to Los Banos. When I moved down here in '98, the town was small and when I finally saw it for the first time in four years, my jaw dropped. Talked to a cop up there a few months ago, he said the rate of growth is 10% right now /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. People are moving out of the Gay Area for houses, but still working there. A lot of people are even moving down to Fresno and the town I'm living in has a major housing boom going on. Too many people for me............

If ya want, hit up the forum over at Nor Cal Big Dawgs , there are a lot of club members that are in the Gay Area and Sac and ya can get more info there.

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

OK time for Me to chime in on this here hot topic. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Bubba is nothing more than a sniviling whiney Okie that lives down in the ugliest part of the state. So His oppion sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    SoCal sucks because there is to many people and to much desert
    Central California sucks cause it's hot and nothing but a bunch of farm land,
    Bay Area sucks cause to many people in to small of a space.
    Sacramento sucks cause well it just sucks and it's dirty to.
    Foothills suck cause their nothing more than a buch of LA/Bay Area transplants in their SUV's waiting for ski season.
    Now if You want to live where people are nice and there isn't a bunch of people or highways then You need to look at Northern California. Don't listen to people who say that Sacramento or the Bay Area is Northern California because they are 4-5 hours south so their not their Central California. We may not have all the shopping malls and a fawkin 7-11 on every street corner but al least We have clean air and the best looking country in all of California. True We may not have 50 billon jobs up here like They have down south but We don't have 50 billon people up here to compeat for the same jobs. We have pretty good schools here in My area. As far as smog goes in My county and all the ones that surround it You only have to get a smog test when You first buy a car or truck. The last time I smoged My Blazer was in 1990 when I bought it and It still only cost me $37 a year for My tags on it. As far as the out doors goes We got it pretty good up here as well. We have 6 rivers in the area a couple of lakes and then there is the Pacific and lots of mountains around for deer, bear and pig. Cost of living around here is nothing like down south cause We don't have the 50 billon uptight computer tech fawktards with a fawkin cellphone glued to their fawkin head in their fawkin BMW SUV sipping their fawkin dog piss Star Bucks Latte. As a matter of fact We dont even get cell service half the time there is no Beamer dealer and not one POS Star Bucks in sight. About the only down side is You have to do some driving when you need to buy most major stuff and We get lots of rain.

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    OK time for Me to chime in on this here hot topic. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Bubba is nothing more than a sniviling whiney Okie that lives down in the ugliest part of the state. So His oppion sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [darn] are you, Swiss f'n cheese?
    Didn't I say something about residing in the Bay Area at one time? Do they teach y'all how to read up there? What the heck is a "oppion," a Greek vegetable or something? [​IMG]

Now with that being said you uppity Yankee Cali boy, you forgot mentioning about the cash crop up there in your neck of the woods, or the hippy tree huggers that live in the trees........

Face it, the whole state is [​IMG] , it's
    [​IMG] by a bunch of whiny liberals and I will be turning in my request to have ya disowned.......................

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. ChevyCaGal

Humboldt like rawks and stuff... cuz of the.... ah what was a saying? *waves smoke fumes away* /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif