Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb adjustment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I have a 76 with a Quadrajet 4 bbl. I have heard you can use a vacume gage to adjust the carb. I need to know where to hook it up. Is it where the pcv tube goes in or the small skinny tube on the bottom right of the carburator? Thanks for the help guys.

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I think that you can find the right port by plugging one by one with your finger. You should plug the gauge into one that has vacuum at idle. I'm not sure if you should use the PCV one because you'd actually be plugging it, therefore altering the amount of air going into the engine. I'd use another one just to be safe. There are plenty on the Q-jet.

Hope this helps

<font color=purple>////////
    Drive it like gas is </font color=purple><font color=red>$2.00/gal!!!</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

It must be a full vacume source.
    Now Grim-Reaper is the MAN when it comes to this so hopefully he will see this post!!
    I think the vac port on the left front of the carb is a full source. The vac should change as the rpm changes.
    Good luck and Grim if your out there lets hear it wich one do you use???[​IMG]
    Burt4x4

Rock ON!