Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb and Intake install

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKE, Feb 21, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

New preformer intake and Rodchester Quadrajet, to put on my 350. It looks and seems pretty sraight forward, but I have never done it before. Any pit falls, or common mistakes I should look out for? Any estamate on time? I would guess a day should be suffecient. Anyhelp would be cool. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

put RTV sealant where the heads meet the block at the ends. Oil leaks are common in these areas so when you remove and replace the intake you should really goop it up. Make sure all your gaskets are sitting right, intake and oil leaks aren't any fun.

3. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

Make sure you are at top dead center one #1 cylinder compression stroke. It makes it easier/quicker to set initial timing on the engine to get it running again.

And retorque down your intake bolts after a few heat cycles.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Good idea on getting it it the TDC #1 position, will make it easier to put the distrubutor back in, to get it there, just pull the cap of the dist and bump the engine untill the rotor is on the position where the #1 spark plug wire would be. mark the housing in that spot to you know how its supposed to go when you put it back in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif