Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb crap..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Feb 19, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

So today I tore apart my carb, been ruinnin very rich and a big loss of power. Found out the float was 1/4" high and soaked with fuel, Power Piston assembly wasnt seated all the way, infact it wasnt eated at all, the bushing wasnt even pressed into the main housing, and the main wells were pourin fuel past the throttle body. On a good note the main and secondary shafts were tight and bushings were good. While I was in there I epoxied the main wells.

Gave it a rebuild and shes running tits I broke the 35's loose on dry pavement (124k miles at that), but Im gettin a snap crackle POP when I let off...I even saw a lil flame :D.

I believe shes runin a lil lean and gettin hot. Could also be excessive carbon/ gas build up from running like crap I'll tune her a lil more tomorrow but I'm looking for any ideas as to the crakle POP..plugs,timing are good, no vacuum leaks, I believe it to be lean but any opinions?? Ideas?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dont want to justr crank the piston all way down, t is preset at factory and how to check and adjust them is something a real expert would have to explain to you, i never touch them, you arent szupposed to

good luck

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

If yer talkin about the power piston, I didnt crank it all the way down, I just seated the bushing in the hole, it was hanging out when I popped the top of.