Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb, engine size, front shaft help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by billio, Feb 3, 2003.

1. billio

billio Registered Member

G'day again guys, I recently bought a 1983 Blazer to ferry my band equipment around. I only ever intend to use it for this and not offroading. I would like to know if there is anything I can do about fuel economy as last night I calculated my mileage at 7 miles per gallon!!!! The engine is a Small Block, although I have no idea on how to tell the size. The carb is a 4 barrel square bore Holley and again, I have no idea of it's size. Can anyone suggest and good carb setup that will allow me to get miles per gallon into double figures at least?
    Also, the front shaft has been removed, will this effect the vehicle in any way, other than 4x4ing?
    I'm an expat living and working in Saudi Arabia and technical help is very thin on the ground out here. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Driving without the front drive shaft will have no effect on on-road driving. For the carb, go with a smaller carburater. You carb is probably blew out and mis adjusted causing excessive fuel consumption. I have a small block on my burban and I get 12 miles to the gallon. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif