Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb flooding angles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Jimmyish, Nov 1, 2001.

1. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

What kind of angle can I expect a Holley (don't know model #) carb to flood at??

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

depends somewhat on the float level.
    basically once the main discharge nozzle is lower then the fuel level it begins to gravity feed.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

It also depends on which direction you are angled. Nose up/down or leaning left/right. Depending on the model/design of the carb, any one of these can/will vary. Q-Jet can handle the greatest angles in all directions due to design. However, there are various anti-slosh kits (sometimes called off-road kits) which help their various carbs a bit (but in reality it still doesn't come close to the Q-Jet, I know, I've tried). Tricks like lowering your float levels or making other modifications can also help, depending on the carb. Of course this is all just general info and no specific help. As to the Holley, I am not able to help you at all there. I swore off the Holleys years ago...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.