Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb/Fuel Injection cleaner?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I picked up some of that today to see if I could clean out my tank without having to drop it. My friend's dad said he put it in his old car and it worked very well, so I figure I can't hurt anything any more than it already is...

How well does this stuff actually work?? I know my truck ain't no car so the results could vary...

79 K5 Blazer Cheyenne.... That's all I have to say about that.

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

It may work, BUT if it does remove the junk on the bottom you need to figure out how to get the jink out witout it coming up to the carb. Best way would be to hook an electric pump to it and suck it out.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs locked front.Other cars 69 Firebird w/525 hp,and 70 GTO <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>MY vehicles</a>

3. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

I would inspect your fuel filter first and maybe even throw another one in line when you clean it out... you dont want to have any gunk in your carb... and after you clean it out, I'd replace the filter again....

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I never used to believe the stuff worked until I ran into a situation in Panama where I had to give it a try. We had some Dodge Dakotas that would not idle. We took them down to the dealer and they wouldn't cover them under warranty because they said we were using bad gas on the base. They wanted around $600 to pull and clean the injectors. I bought 2 cans of Outlaw injector cleaner and dumped it in the tank and had someone run the truck off the base and back ( we had done this without the cleaner without any luck). The truck ran great after that so we started using it after every scheduled maintenance. I'll run a can through now every 4 or 5 tanks.

Smitty

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I use Outlaw fuel injetor cleaner Too. Its gooooood stuff. I put in a can at every oil change. All my vehicles are injected and I have not had any injector or fuel system problems using it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=orange>Charter Member of The Too Much Fun Club</font color=orange>