Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb guru's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Feb 28, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

carb guru\'s

Ok just got the jet stage 2 from summit and now the ???'s ok there are more vacume holes then mine had (73 350) above the fuel filter to the right is a fitting that is about 5/16 or so in dia.
    I know that the fuel/pvc hose fitting is on the bottom but don't know whuch one this is It is larger then the vacume lines but smaller that the fuel/pvc line
    Next there is a tube on the back offset to the left of center ???
    I got rid of the egr so I don't need that tube
    Last one is the tube on the base to the left side (front) for the vacume on the dis?????
    Thank you for any help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Re: carb guru\'s

From what I've heard on the JET carbs, they customize them to the engine specs that you give them. If so, they know that yours is an engine without all the pollution control, they just don't sell a carb for every different year. My first guess for getting it to run would be to hook everything to the new carb like it was to the old carb and then plug all the remaining ports.

But hopefully, there is someone here who has done this before.

<font color=green>Want to see a happy guy? Look at me as soon as my new wheels and tires arrive!</font color=green>

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I got it from summit and I could/would put the hose's back on but they arn't in the same spots as the old one.
    That's my problem ??? Ok let the answers roll in, Or ideas??

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok, I'm not real familiar with what a jet stage 2 is, but in the location you describe, a Q-jet (later model) will have the Evap cannister fitting, and it's probably 5/16". The EGR port is usually passenger side near the bottom, and the vac advance is on the drivers side at the bottom as well.

That offset left of center (passenger side, pointing to rear tail light?) one I've seen on 80's Q-jets as well, I think that sometimes was tied in with vac advance instead of front, but I can't be sure of that....later on they had so many fittings, hoses and t's I couldn't keep track if I wanted too.

You might go browse around on here or on yahoo looking for pictures of the emissions stickers, that might give you a better idea.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ya sorry for that It is a chester just go thur and added with recalibrated idle,off idle,main,accelerator pump and high speed ciruits for increased power and torque.. They say???