Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Guys....Help Please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trouble1, Jan 20, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

OK...I did a few searches and found a few things on this, but really did not understand. Please be simple cause I'm really stupid with these things. I have a edelbrock 1406 carb (600 cfm) carb on a edelbrock preformer intake. It always did fine enough since I originally installed it. After I took off and reinstalled after my cam, its been way outa wack. I've taken it to a couple so-called mechanics and it keeps getting worse. Yesterday I opened the hood to find my breather soaked with gas, it also runs on and on after you kill it, and the mpg is horrible.
    Sorry this is so long but I wanted to get as much info as possible to u
    Thanks in advance... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like a needle and seat problem and it's flooding the bowl(s). I'm surprised it runs.

I have taken the top of my Edlebrock off before and cleaned all that stuff...it's not hard and I didn't need a gasket either. The needle and seat is under the float bowls and usually gets gummed up with debris the filter misses. I was amazed at the crap that made it through the filter on mine.

Rene

3. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the needle and seat are stuck... rap it with a screwdriver handle (gently) and mabbe that will get em working again.