Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COHooligin, Apr 30, 2006.

1. COHooligin

COHooligin Newbie

Hey I need some help Ive got a 84 Jimmy out of CA so it has the bogus CCqj on it I want to go to a regular carb but i want to make sure there isnt any probs with this. im tired of rebuilding this carb and it aint cheap:mad: i am planing to use the carb off of my 85 k10 since its goin to a RamJet 350 so i have extra parts around to use on my Jimmy. any help or ideas wold be great.

"Remember Black side down folks":saweet:
    My Junk
    84 Jimmy
    6" lift 36 swampers 350 700r4
    85 K10
    6" lift 37 MTRs RamJet 350 700r4:waytogo:

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Should be a straight away swap, as far as I know.

3. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

ccc was not just a cali thing man

ccc was caled est early on form about 80 to 83 and then esc later on

it is on the federal trucks too

you need non ccc HEI

otherwise youre good to go

o reilly auto and such have the 77 style remanufactured q jets for 130 bucks btw core is 50
    but the choke is divorced on them

once you swap to non ccc carb and hei then you dont need any of the ccc harness or sensors or any of it

can pull it out, its a separate harness from everything else

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  4. COHooligin

COHooligin Newbie

Kooll thanks for the info :saweet:

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

And you MIGHT be best off pulling the system complete, there might be folks in CA that could use it. No choice for them (if emissions inspected) unless they want to go even newer. :(

6. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

pulling it off complete is what i explained above, the carb and hei are really about it, other than knock sensor and map and 02 and tvs switches in therm housing

thats virtually it

good luck

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Man I'm telling ya, all these guys with CA trucks are telling you something: CCC was a CA truck only thing. I know you say you've seen it otherwise, but so far the only trucks *proven* with it on them are from CA.

Post up a CCC sticker that doesn't say "CA" on it and I'll eat my words. :)EST/ESC was a standalone system for the *trucks*, and all non-CCC 305's got it. My neighbor had an ESC/EST K5 from 1981, and it didn't use any of that other stuff, just knock, distributor, and the ESC/EST computer. So did my '83.

1985CA JPG's here spell it out. http://dyeager535.topcities.com/emissions/index.html There is no diff pressure sensor in an ESC/EST truck application.

The 1983 305 sticker shows that the ESC/EST standalone system (used on ALL the 305's in at least the '81+ non-CCC trucks) doesn't use a diff pressure sensor.

At least now we know that CCC was used as far back as 1984 in CA on trucks.

And as an edit, I used my own advice and checked the brochures page. Learned something myself there...3 different 305's in '81, surprised the heck out of me. So not all 305's had ESC. This right here should also help you understand that CA only had CCC:

http://brochures.slosh.com/1981/blazer4.jpg Notice that ESC and high compression were only coupled together? Note also that engine was NOT available in CA, and only the 4 barrel NON-high compression (non-ESC) engine was?

If I could read any of the other years fine print we could discern some more, but I can't. It*looks* like in '85 the 305 wasn't even offered in CA, only the 350. But again, I can't read it enough to be certain.

Last edited: May 3, 2006