Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARB HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JunkYardCrawler, Sep 28, 2001.

1. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

where the hell are the mixture screws on an edelbrock q-jet repacement. on a 73

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

2. JunkYardCrawler

the carbs number is 1904 if that helps any,

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

They should be up front - one on either side, sort of hidden in little grooves. They probably have limiter caps on them (easy to remove) and possibly require a special tool to work them - kind of a oval shaped deal. Mine is a Mac CAT5525 - comes with all the ends for adjustment of all GM carbs, $14 off the truck.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The only mix screws are the Idle mix screws. They are on the front of the carb near the bottom

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. JunkYardCrawler

there is 2 openings on the bottem plate of the carb. with each one has a kinda round thing wiht 2 flat sides on them. its what i think they could be and form what you seid it sounds like its them. could i use a pair of needle nose pliers to turn them??

6. JunkYardCrawler

yeah i know where they are supost to be. i can find them on all of my other q-jets just not this damn edelbrock one.

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's the ones!! You can use needlenoses if they clear the intake - I've got a Performer intake, and there's about zero room to get anything in there - the adjuster tool is a pretty tight fit. Pep Girls and AutoZone should have a screwdriver type version of it, that should work as well.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

8. JunkYardCrawler

turn clockwise to lean it out right??

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Yup!!

10. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You can also make a took to do this adjustment. You can get some small copper tubing and flatten it out a little on the end or use some plastic or even wood dowel. Just make sure that it will fit in the holes. To make the tool easy to use, keep the part that fits on the screw tops short. Then link them to a pair of screwdrivers with some vacuum hose or fuel, making a short universal joint. Then you can adjust both screws together just by twisting the screwdriver handles. It worked for me.

<font color=green>Does a Dyslexic Insomniac Athiest lay awake at night wondering if there's really a Dog?</font color=green>