Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Sep 28, 2001.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hi can anyone help with a rodchester(ya ya It's not worth it) But for now it's what I have. It runs and starts up great but there seems to be a slight studder at take off or rolling cal stop.(For a 73 350 blazer)

2. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

This may sound kinda dumb but I thought I had carb problems because I had the same hesitations. Check and make sure your spark plugs are good. My engine is old and tired so the worn rings and such had caused the plugs to foul, yea they all looked like someone had taken them and rubbed them in dirt/grease and put them back in the heads. I replaced them and it runs great. I'll be so glad when I get my new engine is finished!

'79 K5,13 1/2" lift, 39.5 TSL's,15x12 Eagles,350,t-350,warn 8274,39.5 Boggers for wheeling!

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

thanks have a set in the garage

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Make sure you have enough initial timing. I have been surprised to discover that most of my own and other's "carb problems" are honestly ignition-related.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

This may or may not help, but some carbs need the addition of a delay valve in the vacuum line controlling the EGR actuation at part throttle. This keeps the EGR from injecting exhaust into the intake too soon, causing a slight "stumble". Just my $0.02

- Alan

'82 K10 Suburban Silverado (AKA U.S.S. Nimitz)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!