Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb, Idle problem?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so im drivin along today and pull into my buddies driveway, where lots of bad things happen to trucks..just ask him...anyways i put my foot on the clutch to pull it out of gear and roll in the driveway, and the idles at 2k..so i fiddled with the little screw on the passenger front of the carb.. and it seemed to help...then it did it again, only at 1200 this time..it seems to correct itself after hard driving...its a holley 4 barrel carb, who knows what kind, and i just did an atf intake cleaning with it a couple weeks ago...any ideas?

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

How old are your plugs and what kind of shape are they in? Is your return spring getting weak? Dirty carb maybe?

Kris

3. Confedneck

carbs clean...who knows about the plugs and the return springs are ok..the throttle was closed to the idle position when i popped the hood, i was thinking sticky needles/seats possible? i might try an aerosol overhaul on the carb tomorrow..

4. Confedneck

well today i bought some marine/automotive sea foam deep clean..hosed the carb down nice and it hasnt done it yet today..also changed the air filter out...its amazing what 12 dollars in parts and 20 minutes in time can do for throttle response.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif