Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Intake For 92 TBI 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I have a chance to get a low mile TBI 350 out of a rolled 92 k-2500. I don't have anything that I could use it in other than My carburated trucks. So who makes an intake for this engine to use a carb on it? About all I know is that the inner 4 bolt holes are vertical rather than at an angle.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i believe just about everybody, eldebrock, holley, weiand

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

make sure you get flywheel/flexplate with the engine. i found out doing my engine project that a 2 piece rear main crank has a different bolt pattern than the new 1 piece rear mains.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I personally have an edelbrock intake for such application... SO they are easy to find.. WHy not keep the TBI though and steal the harness and CPU out of the donor?

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I just recently did the same swap on a '91 TBI block, the Edelbrock intkae number is a #2104 Performer intake. I bought the block with heads, covers,pan,balancer,flywheel and starter, the swap wnet great once I got the right intake, I tried to drill the bolt holes on an older bolt pattern aluminum intake I had. Ran great until the intake heated up and the it sucked air around the side. Jeg's and Summit carry them for about $156. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[start hijack] Nice AV Okie!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif[end hijack]

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

For a really cheap solution, check under the hood of Caprice's of that era. I've seen Caprice cop engines that had a cast iron Q-Jet intake bolted to TBI heads. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thanks for that info. I always had good luck with Edelbrock so that was what I was hoping for. I'll get a compleat engine but it does have the old Borg Warner 5 speed behind it so I'll need to get a flexplate since it would be bolted to a th350 for the time being.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WHy not keep the TBI though and steal the harness and CPU out of the donor?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Cause I just want to replace the 305 in my recent truck I picked up and since it would not be a daily driver I would just assume keep it as simple as posible and low buck at the same time /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif