Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb & intake ????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by paddyjim, Aug 24, 2001.

1. paddyjim

paddyjim Registered Member

Purchased new 350 picking it up tomorrow. I want to toss away the old intake and carb. Looking for recommendations on what I should replace them with. This is not a hi-perf 350 Will end up being a daily driver (grocery getter) but it looks good. Any help that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. paddyjim

paddyjim Registered Member

sorry here is a little more info. 1984 full size carburated not fuel injected, hedman or thorley headers (havent decided yet) the 350 is a reconditioned Marshall engine not a gm Crate engine. Any info you can provide this rookie will sure help out.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well i have the edelbrock 600cfm carb and the edelbrock torqer intake and love my setup i have the manual chock that also helps when winching to keep the rpms up while outside the truck. i also have the offroad needle and seat setup in the carb. HTH

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Your best bet would be either an Edelbrock Performer, or Torker intake, with either an Edelbrock or Jet Performance Quadrajet carb.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. I was told that a Q-Jet is a good carb for extreme angles. I don't know if that is truth or fiction but that's what is sitting on top of my 305. An Edlebrock or most other aftermarket dual plane intakes should work fine for your set up.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Q-Jets are about as close as you can get to EFI - that's why the mags call them Hillbilly Injection. They are the only carb that works worth squat on steep inclines, and sidehills.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

8. Thanks for clarifying that!

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

9. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Why are you tossing the old ones?, unless the manifold is cracked.....or warped....and you can rebuild the Q-Jet that should be on it, once you get the Q-jets set, in my humble opinion they're hard to beat....mine ran with the truck laying on its side...ran up to the point we pushed it back over....in fact I have a spare I carry just in case something ever happens to the old one. Also take a piece of gas line and hook it up to the overflow and extend it up as high as you can get it under the air cleaner.

White Knight