Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARB malfunction.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandSStorm, Feb 19, 2006.

1. sandSStorm

sandSStorm Registered Member

Ok,

Ive been having trouble w my carb lately. I dont use the truck that often but today it was a PITA to get started, maybe it was because of the cold weather.

My problem is that in the summer the truck will start right away without pumping the gas. But when its cold it will kill the battery. It will crank and crank till its dead... If you dump some gas or spray some starting fluid in the carb it will start and stay running.... :confused:

A friend of mine was checking out the carb right before we started it and said that there was no fuel being pumped in every time I hit the gas. Im runnin an electric fuel pump and it drains back into the tank when the truck has not been used for a while ( I removed the one way vale cuz I broke it while installing it), but you can see the fuel rising up to the carb tru the clear fuel filter...

What is wrong???

Im just trying to gather some ideas before I go tearing into the carb...

TYIN

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Sounds to me like your needle and seat are stuck together when it's really cold and there's no fuel gettin into your float bowl. Just a thought. Next time try smackin the side of your carb and see if it starts quicker.

3. sandSStorm

sandSStorm Registered Member

We did strike the carb in a few places and still no fuel...