Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Last summer, i was driving on some trails (closed now of course) that went around a lake I was fishing at. One section involved climbing a hill that was about as high as the wheelbase and very steep. I got over the top, but my carb was sputtering on the way up. Would an off-road needle kit help? No, i don't want fuel injection, I like my Edlebrock 600</font color=blue>

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmmm don't know about your carb but the float bowl vent on my Qjet would slosh or spill into the primarys so I put a 2"piece of fuel line to extend the vent up into the aircleaner. Other thatn that I think there are some things you can do to the float as well........

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

The edelbrock carbs (clones of the old Carter AFBs) are worthless when it comes to offroading. There is no fuel vent tube that you can extend upward (like on holleys and Q-Jets), therefore you WILL (and did) slosh fuel out and directly into the venturis. There is nothing that can be done about it. An offroad needle and seat will help with bumps and jars on LEVEL ground, but when climbing at angles, there IS NOTHING that can be done to improve the flooding characteristics of the Edelbrock carb.

ken

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

A while ago I changed my carb. I was thinking on going with an Edelbrock perfomer, but maybe you remember Corey78K5 who used to visit us a while ago. He had one in his Blazer and installed the Off-road needle kit. He told me it was useless. Thanks to him I bought a new Edelbrock Q-jet instead and now I have no problems!

So if you want a definite solution, get a Q-jet[​IMG].

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]