Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb needles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Nov 22, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok I have yet another question I havent been able to find a pic of these anywhere but when I rebuilt my qjet there were two needles that attached to the float one was bent at the bottom like an L shape and one was straight are they supposed to be like that?

1985 GMC JIMMY

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nope they are supose to be arrow straight. There is your run problem. One jet has full fuel all the time and the other may be dry. Might be keeping them from closing at all. Try to straighten it. it has to be perfectly straight or it will not seat correctly in the jet. If you can't get it straight you need to replace them. should be a number on the side of the rod. Get the same number. you might find them available at your local speed shop.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Who rebuilt the carb?

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

4. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I and a mechanic friend before I put the carb back together though I straighten the one that was bent but I think there is still a small curve in it. Ill try to replace them.

1985 GMC JIMMY