Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb oprions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bdkmiller, Sep 22, 2002.

1. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

I am about to sell my Dodge Ramcharger to fund my '72 Blazer project. At this point, I need a better carb or at least one with a choke that doesn't leak gas. I am considering the Edelbrock Q-jet replacement or for half that price a rebuilt Q-ject from Carbs Unlimited (www.carbs.net). Does anyone have any experiences with Carbs Unlimited, good or bad, or any thoughts on the pro's & cons?
    Thanks,
    Brian
    '72 Blazer CST

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Can't say anything about cabs unlimited but I have been running an Edelbrock Q-jet #1901 sence ohh 95ish. What a great carb this is! Heck I only had to just rebuild it for the first time right before summer this year. so that is 6years of straight performance with out skipping a beat! Great carb and easy to rebuild.
    Good luck

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i have reman q jet from oreilly's. it was only 109.00 i did go through 2 with warped base plates and 1 they forgot the plunger seal on before i got a good one though. it worksd if your budgets tight.

nathan