Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Problem!!! Please Help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Feb 18, 2006.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

You guys are my last hope. I dont have much experience working wiht carbs, (thats what happenes when you go to school in this generation). SO im workin on my 78 chevy, 250 with a 1 barrel. It seems I knocked the throttle off the cam at the back of the carb, and thats the reason I had a super high revving problem. SO I put the linkage back on the detent after the "i" or "l" (cant remember) where the book said to place it. Now my throttle doesnt go all the way doen to the floor, and when I do push it to the floor, it knocks the lever off the cam and screams out of control. The manual I have is too old for the 78 and all data is too new for it. Can you guys help me please.

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Well I think I figured out what happened. The throttle was hitting on the hard line for the PCV and it would only go so far then stop, if you pushed harder it would push past the hard line, go under and get stuck at WOT, seems to be workin ok now.

In any case, I woudl still like ot know how it should work, as my fast idle hasnt worked in a while, and now im learning that maybe it was because it was off of that cam?!?!