Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Problems HELP!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stimpy, Nov 5, 2000.

1. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

Hey All,
    I have A 84 Blazer with a Edelbrock Carb (600 cfm). I bought the Blazer in a lower elevation town, and brought
    it up where I live in the mountains. The prob is I need to re-jet it. I drove to Summit Racing today to get a new
    calibration kit. They said there would be instructions inside the box and when I got home, of course there was no instructions in the kit. To make thing short I need to know what jet to use in the carb. I have a choice of .095, .098,
    or .101 . Then there is the metering rods .070 x .037, .073 x .042 , or .073 x .047. Any help would be great!!
    Thanks All

love my blazer, and 43 carryall

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

look at the size of your jets and go 1 smaller until you get the right one...don't just put in the smallest one cause you'll be back at square one...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I'm with K5king, Just keep going down until you hit pay dirt, good luck !

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've got the Edelbrock book and it goes through all the diferent ways you can change your mixture. Judging by the jet sizes and the metering rod sizes, I'm guessing you have the #1406, 600 CFM with the electric choke. I don't know if you need to go richer or leaner though. I live at sea-level and have never needed to change the settings on mine before.
    1 stage leaner than 'stock' is as follows. .095 main jet and 073x047 metering rod. 1 stage richer is .098 jet and 073x042 metering rods. Let me know exactly which way you're supposed to go for power and cruise and I'll see if I can help more, the book is right in front of me.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>You the man tRustyk5 ! I'm too lazy tonight to go out to the garage to get mine.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Had this problem as i bought my truck used.If you go too the Edelbrock web site and look under carbs and such.You can print out the full manual for these carbs by model number.

7. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all the help. It's a little late to work on it right now, plus the X-file is on. As soon as I get it done I'll let you know!!

Thanks again Todd

love my blazer, and 43 carryall