Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb problems ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79mudder, Nov 14, 2006.

1. 79mudder

79mudder Registered Member

my old carb was runnning rich i think it was the electric choke messing up. so i put another carb that was sitting for awhile it was out side sitting in the back of my other truck out in the elements, so i cleaned it up and put it on and it fired right up adjusted the idle and took it out for aride and you had to feather the gas to get it moving than it straitend out than it started popping
    (the carb

my carb on my truck was running rich i think it was my electronic choke so i had another carb sitting out side in the elements cleaned it up put it on and it fired right up adjusted the idle and took it for a ride i had to feather it to get it moving the it started popping ( the carb) and like it didnt have power . what you gus think?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , a carb driven cold could not run good until its warm , if the choke isn't right on that one either .

3. 79mudder

79mudder Registered Member

well i went out and tried to start it and it wouldnt start like it was trying to flood out so i put a clothes pin on the butterfly and it started right up . for got to mention the carb i just put on does not have electric choke and my intake dont have a hook up for a choke. thought i could just run it that way cause me blazer is the same way . dont ask me what happened in my first post for some reason when i got done typing i looked up nothing was there so i started over. and forgot to mention i dont know anything about carbs.

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Let me get this straight:

The second carb you tried is not using a choke?

Did you let the truck warm up (running the truck with no choke will make it buck and kick until it warms up)?

Which carburetors are we talking about?

Once you let the truck warm up and run a while, you can shut it off and pull a couple plugs to determine how it is running. White is lean, light tan is good, anything dark is rich.