Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RAY, Dec 28, 2000.

1. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have a rebuilt q-jet with electric choke. My problem is that the choke is over choking. Runs fine once it warms up and the choke cuts off. Does anyone know how to adjust the electric choke so that it's not so rich. I'm not to familiar with carb tuning so the more details the better
    Thanks
    RAY

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I do not now if there is a way to adjust it. But you can buy just the choke for $45.00 at napa auto parts. You need the carb # off of the right hand side......

Gokartergo

[​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

On the passenger side of the carb is the choke housing. It is either screwed or riveted to the carb. If it is 3 screws the adjust is easy, loosen the 3 screws and turn the housing to adjust. I adjust it when the engine is dead cold and not running. Turn the housing until the choke plate just starts to open, then back it off a litle bit and re-tighten the screws. If you have rivets instead of screws you'll have to drill out the rivets and re-rivet it after you've adjusted it.

Rene

[​IMG]