Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb question for my 86'K5-help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Blazer86, Apr 16, 2007.

1. K5Blazer86

K5Blazer86 Newbie

i have a 1986 K5 im restoring.i found it in austin, this lady bought it brand new and was anal with all services and well everying!!!!!!!!!it ran when she stopped driving it and it has 117K original miles.the registration sticker has 93' on it.so far i cleaned gas tank and put a new 650cfm Edelbrock Carb and inline fuel filter.but i dont know what to do with ALL the vaccuum lines that are everywhere.and the brake booster line is at an angle due to the spacer under the carb.i know very little about carbs. can anyone help with a diagram or something?

2. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Hey I'm also in san marcos. I drive a white 86 k5 on 6 inches and 35's. Maybe we can compair mine to yours and figure out all the lines and stuff.

Shoot me an email at db1191 at txstate dot edu

3. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

Take a look under the hood. The emisions sticker may still be there. Oh, wait....you're truck wasn't californicated. Ah, take a look anyway. Mine has it and it wasn't too hard to follow.