Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARB. QUESTION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5RANGER, Apr 1, 2001.

1. K5RANGER

K5RANGER Registered Member

I HAVE A 350 WITH A HOLLEY 600cfm CARB. QUESTION....WHY DOES THE MOTOR CUT OUT WHENEVER I JUMP ON THE ACCELERATOR FROM A STAND STILL? IT'S VERY AGGREVATING WHEN YOUR TRYING TO PLAY IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE............OH YEAH, IT DOES IT IN BOTH 2 AND 4 WHEEL DRIVE.

350, TH350, 3.08

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

1st question do you have vac secondaries or mech?2was it new or used?3does it shut down or stutter???4double pumper or single?let me know,ive got the holley book in hand.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

What intake do you have. If it is a single plane it can give you those symptoms. A friend of mine with a 55 Chevy had a single plane with a 600 cfm that did the same thing. Put a Performer RPM on with a 750 and that cured it. The reason for the 750 was because of the cam that was in it and I first put the 600 back on and it needed more carb so went with the 750.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails[​IMG]</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne</font color=blue>

4. K5RANGER

K5RANGER Registered Member

NEW 4160 4 BARREL VAC SECONDARIES, SINGLE PUMPER, AND IT COMPLETELY SHUTS OFF........

5. Pure Insanity

WOW!give me a bit ill see what i can find.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

6. Pure Insanity

ok,this ones got me.does it stumble backfire or anything else before it dies?does it "dry fire"ok ?like no load in park or neutral idle to WOT.did it ever backfire thru the carb?thatll take out the power valve most times.the fact that it totally dies is whats throwin me.float level,did you check it?sounds like its suckin dry(maybe)ive helped diagnose over the phone at least i could hear it,THIS is a challenge.haha!does it launch at all or just die?how is it if you roll into the pedal?does it do it on flat ground or on inclines or both?what im gettin at here is the poss.of the fuel dumpin out of the vent into the carb and momentarily flooding it.is it runnin rich all the timeand you cant adj it out?is the accelerator pump working?i keep checking to see if your online this would be easier in the chat roomwhere we can yak back and forth.when you come back on get me on there somehow.post it or however.better yet i/m me at chevcam1@aol.com. maybe we can hash this out.or if your on icq pull my bio and get my #.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by pureinsanity on 04/01/01 03:50 PM (server time).</FONT></P>