Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shanemcg45, Feb 25, 2005.

1. shanemcg45

shanemcg45 Registered Member

I'm planning on swapping a 383 in place of the stock 305. What carb would y'all recommend running? Keep in mind the truck is going to remain a daily driver. Feel free to throw your 2 cents in with any extra info as well.

Thanks,
    Shane

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I just finished building up a 355 and had the same question as you. After researching and calling a few places, I ended up going with these guys:
    Sean Murphy Induction.

The questions Sean asked me when I sopke to me is what convinced me to go with him. He wanted to know the elevation where I lived, cam specs of the new motor, intake type, header type, stall speed, etc ... He sets the carb up to match the motor you are building and ships it to you ready to bolt on. This was a definite plus for me considering I am breaking in a new motor with it and didn't want to take any chances of running lean or way rich.

There ya go, my $0.02

Thomas.

3. shanemcg45

shanemcg45 Registered Member

I just read about them on their web-site. I think you just saved me a lot of time and effort. I appreciate it. I figured it was more technical than just bolting a new one on from AutoZone. When I raced motocross I was always changing the jetting of the carb depending on where I was racing and the weather, so I thought there would be a little more to it than just bolting one on right out of the box. Thanks.