Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARB QUESTION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Innerpiece, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

This isn't completely blazer related, but I trust y'alls opinions ..

I recently bought a boat that has a 1994 chevy 350 in it. The innards of the motor are the same as a car motor with a torque-eee cam. The only real differences in the marine version are the accessories (alternator, ignition) and what's bolted onto the ass end of it (tranny vs. outdrive).

The motor has a 4 barrel weber carb bolted onto the top of it. what do i need to know about weber carbs? good stuff? good company? reliable? stuff to watch for? My dad said that back in his day, people would use weber's for race rods or when making banks of carbs (3x2, 2x4, etc) when gas was cheap. anyone have any thoughts? (boat hauls ass btw)

Thanks

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

weber, as with many other of the carb company's have been bought and sold over the years. Federal mogul, I do believe, owns the latest version of weber. I could be mistaken, but does your carb look very similar to the edelbrock performer carbs and the carter carbs available? I know that federal mogul owns this casting and sells casting to various company's. This is a very good designed carb. It is what used to be the carter A.V.S. (air valve secondary) that was used with great success in the late 60's.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ive run Webbers on my VWs and Harleys .Ive never had any problems.Didnt know they made a 4 barrel ,thought they just made 1 and 2 .

All work and no beer makes Frizz a dull boy