Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb Rebuild...Easy Part is Done

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Mar 11, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Tore apart my Rochester Quadrajet today (1986 K5 w/305). The easy part is done. I think putting it back together should be easy too, but I'm concerned about making the proper adjustmens once it's back together. I have the Haynes Rochester Carb book and it's helped a lot so far, but it looks pretty detailed when it discusses the adjustments. Any ideas or tips and tricks to make this go easy. It's my first time....

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I think the most important one is to set the float level properly. Also make sure it's spotless clean in the bowl. When assemblying, be careful not to put the top gasket upside down (happens easily).

The only other adjustments you may wanna check while disassembled are rejetting or rerodding, but that's only if the carb is too rich or lean for your application or altitude.

Good luck. If you have more questions, just post them up here.

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

3. Marlboro

Marlboro Registered Member

IN 86, you should have an Elctronic QJet. QME...It controls mixture automatically. If the electronics are working properly, you should now have to make any adjustments to it at al besides the float levels...

Mike