Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb replacement?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mr_blasto, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to run an edelbrock 1904 q-jet on my '72? I know that it is a different style of choke, but that shouldn't be too big of a problem right? I am totally new to carbs, so I am not sure what I need to take into consideration. Any pointers?

2. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

I'm a newbie to carbs as well (just tore apart my Rochester 2GV on Saturday) but I'd say that as long as it will bolt up to the manifold (or you can get an adapter) then you should be good to go. Make darn sure that if there are any extra vacuum ports on the new carb that you plug them off once you get the advance and any other hoses hooked up.

Good luck!

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya I use to run a 1901 on my 350. THe 1904 would work...but as you mentioned the choke is different...I don't think anything else is different but I am guessing so....Ask Edelbrock:D

4. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

The 1904 has the electric choke, right?. You can connect a single power wire ( switched on at ignition "run" ) and it will take care of itself. Just unhook and disregard the stock heat riser choke doodad from the intake manifold.

5. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I asked edelbrock... and they weren't only an waste of time, they were irritating and incompetent. I was really surprised because I was a fan of the company and had heard mostly good things about them.

That's what I gather. I am getting the carb within the next couple of days, and will hopefully get it all going within a couple weeks.

Thanks for all the help!

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well I guess that just confirms the power of this fourm...sucks when even the company that makes the product can't give you the answers you are looking for:rolleyes:
    Good luck and let us know...