Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb spacer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pismorat, Oct 24, 2003.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I have the stock Rochester 4 barrel on an Edelbrock Performer manifold, are there any advantages to running a spacer? And if so, what kind? I have heard mixed things. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

carb spacers allow for the fuel and air to mix better, and generally improve fuel atomization allowing for a cleaner mixture and more complete combustion..have a 2" spacer laying around that im gonna use when i do my carb and intake swap..

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Carb spacers are also good for keeping the carb away from the intake heat keeping it cooler.

A spacer w/ 1 big hole will increase top end RPM power. A 2 sided one will help increase mid range, where as a 4 hole will increase lower PRM perfomance and individual venturi signal.

Confused yet? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

For me, I used a 4 hole plastic resin 1in. spacer to help increase my signal and performance at low end. I needed all the help I could get below 3000 RPM w/ the cam duration I have as well as keeping the carb cooler.