Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ed1507, Feb 2, 2003.

1. ed1507

ed1507 Registered Member

any one ever swaped the stock qjet off for a holly i have a 85 k5 with a 305 the stock carb has been rebuilt twice but still leeks fuel im think of swaping it out to a holly the only thing is the power pump on the qjet will it hurt any thing else on the truck becuse the holly dose not have one ? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Holley's don't do so well off road. Stick with a Q-jet if you can. My brother rebuilds carbs for a living. He's done a few rebuilds for guys in my club. Email him at m_valencia@hotmail.com Put "carb work" in the subject line so he'll read it.

3. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

buy a new edelbrock Q-Jet (Mostl likely the replacement would be #1904 or 1905) I love my new edelbrock Q-jet, blows the old one out of the water, and is much better off road than a holley.

4. Mikeyg79

Mikeyg79 Registered Member

With a 305- put a QJet or Eldebrock on it.
    My friend put a Holley on his 350 (bored with cam) and it had a huge bottom end hole.. couldn't crawl at all. He put a QJet back on it and loves it.
    Small primaries and huge secondaries-- I love mine.

5. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

I've never had too good of luck with either Holleys, Edelbrocks OR Carter AFBs (Yeah, just like the Edelbrock, but older) on 4x4's. I was never happy with the overall performance of Holleys, seems they'd run a while then need rebuilt. And I never had an Edelbrock/Carter that wouldn't flood off angle. I've always been happy with Rochesters (OEM Quadrajet) on my 4x4's. At least as happy as I could be with a carb. I'm seriously thinking about fuel infecting the next project, which just so happens to be an 82 K5 diesel conversion... Which is how I found you'se guys' board /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif