Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb swapp

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85blazer350, May 31, 2002.

1. 85blazer350

85blazer350 Registered Member

Ive got an edelbrock 2101 performer manifold with an edelbrock edl-1405 carb.I picked up a holley 1850-2 carb (not sure if thats the right model but that was the number in it)I was wondering if I could swapp this in place of my old carb and what all would i need for the swapp.Would the holley or the performer be better i would have to rebuild the performer.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Holley's are prone to blow out the power valve IF you back fire at any time! other than that holleys are ok. I run the Edelbrock carb on my rig and it seems to run just fine.But its still personal preferance as to what works best for you.

3. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

I dont have much experience with Edelbrock carbs, but I do run Holley's and I like them. They're cheap to rebuild and trick out, and real easy to work with. Like was said they do have a tendency to blow the power valve out with 1 good backfire, but they have a kit that fixes this problem. Aside from Quadrajets the Holley's are my favorite carbs. It should be a bolt on and go deal, just make note of the fuel line size and all the vacuum lines.

4. 85blazer350

85blazer350 Registered Member

How can I check if the power valve is good or blown when the carb is off the truck.

5. Tweetysuarus

pull it ou n check the diaphram for cracks

6. Tweetysuarus

pull it ou n check the diaphram for cracks