Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Carb to TBI Qs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Sep 15, 2001.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Well, since I know it's a definate thing I can only have 1 K5, I want to keep the 84, and put the 87s TBI on it and part out the 87. Now, I just wanna know from the people who have done it, how long does this take? I think my 84 has a spot on the fuse box for an ECM ( Probably for the ESC), and I heard that the 84-up tanks can fit the FI sending unit? is that true? The exaust has an opening for the O2 sensor on the truck, so that's no big deal. I'l also need a TBI adaptor for my performer manifold. I know holley makes one for their TBI kit, but I can't seem to find one seperately. I just wanna find out how much of a pain in the butt this is gonna be before I go through with it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://billybob87k5.50megs.com>Homepage of Porky & Stinky</a>
    ".. Sanatarium.. leave me be..."

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Why don't you just swap over the TBI manifold? I just put a TBI 350 into my '73, it was pretty easy overall, but it already had a painless wiring harness on it since I got it out of a Toyota, so some of the work was already done for me. I don't know about the tank, I'm using a holley inline pump.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

3. FastEddy

FastEddy 1/2 ton status

you should also use the tank from the 87 with the tbi, as it has a built in "well" (basically looks like a square plastic box) to keep the pump from starving when your tank is getting low...without this you may be stalling in some heavy cornering on the street, or stop and go driving when the tank is low....also if your going up or down some extreme angles when off-roading you'll experience some stalling...just my 2 cents...ED