Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb to tbi swap question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by topless1tonk5, Jan 26, 2003.

1. topless1tonk5

topless1tonk5 Registered Member

i just bought a crate tbi 350 for my 1985 carburated 305 shortbed chevy, im installing it next weekend. the motor is 100% complete from pan to air cleaner and i have a complete 87 k5 for all the wireing. my question is, do i need a fuel tank out of an 87 shorty chevy or will the whole in-tank fuel pump/sending unit bolt into my stock tank? or should i use an aftermarket inline high pressure pump? what should i use for fuel lines? any help would be appriciated. thx- /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

from what i have heard, intank pumps are better, and i think if you try to put a pump in your tank the tank needs modified, this is what i have heard/ read i think. hope this helps

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The injected trucks have baffling inside the tank to prevent the fuel from sloshing around and starving the pump. Otherwise I do believe the pump/sender will fit in the older tank.

Aftermarket tanks are dirt cheap. I can get a jobber EFI saddle tank locally for under $100.