Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

carb to tbi

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Jul 27, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

its about time to switch to a new engine. I will have my mechanic to swap in a 350 and i would like to know if i can swap in a tbi set up.What woul be invilve in this, will it be that much more expensive?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just bought a set up (it's in the mail!) to switch over to TBI... I got it for $145 bucks w/shipping... you can probably get a set up for that much (most likely more I really lucked out) if it's used. I still need the new lines (too big to ship) and fuel pump (the PSI on my stock one is not high enough)... I also will need a new intake manifold (the TBI set up work with my stock one). New TBI set ups if you price around can be big $$$. Check around for a good used set up and you may luck out like me! Sometimes people are parting out a rig and simply want it gone for a low price. Oh yeah... if you do decide to do it yourself... read up big time... it looks complicated yet do-able if it's your first time.... I'd try to have someone who has done it before help you like I will do... Just make sure it has all the sensors and good stuff like that and you will be good to go..... [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyCaGal on 07/27/01 12:33 AM.</FONT></P>

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Did my 79 in May...to much to list...ask away in private or maybe i'll give you my home number as there is too much typin involved to cover it all...lol.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Look around, I picked up a running TBI 350/TH-400/NP-241 combo for $1200.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA