Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CARB TUNEING/ADJUSTING

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Feb 4, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

How is it done on a '84 quadrajet? Ive played with the jets on 4wheeler carbs but not really with truck carbs yet. Im gonna need to jet it for a bigger air filter and exuast.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Shouldn't need to rejet unless you have done some major engine mods. Q - jets because of their design tolerate most bolt on mods without re- jetting.
    Beings yours is a later model emissions carb it is probabally best to leave it alone.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Probably ture but I would still like to know how to do it.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Not unless you tell us why first /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That is good advice though, leave it alone unless you've done something to warrant it. No flame intended You've got deal with power valve spring, metering rods, main jets, accelator pump size and duration, secondary metering rods and hangers, air valve tension, float height, choke adjustments, inlet tempature, adjustable part throttle, idle mixture adjustments, secondary pull-off diapraghm.

Thats why we wanna know why you wanna do it because there are so many freakin adjustments we can just throw into one little paragraph.

5. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

It's no diff than any other carb, "typical". The great part about Q-jets is the secondaries. You don't change the jets, just the metering rods and hanger. And it's done w/out taking it apart. Like was mentioned earlier, it handle alot of mods before re-jetting is nec. Play w/the secondaries though, thats where the fun is /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

gotta link for the elderbrock performers series, my friend decided to "play" with mine while it was it the garage, all out of whack. He makes me want to [​IMG] him on the head some time